What is the smog test and what is in it for me?



Even if you’ve not visited some of the most polluted cities in the world you might have seen pictures or clips on TV. Everytime I’ve seen it, I think to myself that I’m glad I don’t have to breathe that kind of air. I think we all should be - special exception for the already quite aware LA travelers. That makes it our responsibility to ensure that California’s air quality stays okay. Moreover it’s the law.
The intention of this website is not to evade or trick the system, but to make sure that you’re tested in the most appropriate manner and you don’t loose hundreds of dollars in repairs for not being informed.

Some of the pollutant emissions from your tail pipe that the state of California tests are as follows:
Carbon Monoxide, is a colorless and odorless gas that is classified as a poison. A very large portion of the CO found in the atmosphere comes from automobiles.
Carbon Dioxide, though rampant in the atmosphere, excessive release of carbon dioxide is one of the key causes of global warming.
NOx mainly composed of Nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide, are harmful chemicals and key causes of acid rain. Nitrogen dioxide particularly contributes to bronchitis, pneumonia and other lung diseases.